Thursday, November 1, 2012

Letter (Letitia - Ariel)


Dear Ariel,

Buenos dias!

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make it. No, I am not doing an attitude or a statue of invisibility. I just wasn’t able to come.

Many days ago, we were only playing by ourselves. We don’t have any audience, just us, and yet, after we changed the rule and perform our attitudes and statues near the embankment, you decide to introduce yourself by dropping notes from the train. You keep on praising our game and once, I realized that you just called me beautiful.

I appreciate you for praising our game and being our audience. Ariel, I’m thankful that you called me pretty but I can’t move that much, my back is stiff. Maybe, I look the laziest among us because of my condition.

In those days that I felt spirited after you told that I’m beautiful, Mama and Aunt Ruth were trying out a new strengthening treatment on me; gladly, I felt good, I really think it was not only because of the treatment. It must be you that help me feel better for you made me happy and put shine on my eyes.
After you announced that you are going to visit us, I was hesitant to meet you. I was in my room locked, reading Ponson de Terrail’s Rocambole. I imagine myself as Rocambole. I am not an orphan or a killer but I know with my decision; I can mature and become wiser.

I’m neither a Chinese princess nor a Greek goddess. I am a paraplegic, limited to physical activities. I hope you’ll understand; I didn’t come because I don’t want you to see me in this situation.

Encased in this envelope is my letter and confidence, symbolizes by its lilac color. I just want to tell you, to watch me carefully tomorrow because after that I won’t be an attitude or a statue anymore. Tomorrow would be the last of the games.

Hastia siempre.


Yours truly,
 Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment